The coronavirus pandemic has fundamentally changed the way many organizations operate for the foreseeable future. As governments and businesses around the world have recommended self-quarantines, social distancing, and office closures, remote working has become a new reality. Operational changes have impacted the alarm industry significantly. Our monitoring centers handle thousands of life safety calls and interactions every day, and no matter the circumstances, customers rely on operators to respond without interruption.
As a UL Central Monitoring Center, Ackerman Security activated our Business Continuity Plans (BCPs), both at the enterprise and site levels, and we continue to monitor the situation closely. Our internal COVID-19 Task Force, which includes senior leadership, meets daily to review the newest developments and to make prompt decisions, including updating our BCPs, when needed, while keeping the health and safety of our employees, customers, partners, and communities our top priority.
Ackerman Security has been listed as an essential emergency service. We have been authorized to continue our operations under any mandatory quarantine order. We will be here working 24/7 to keep your families, homes, and businesses safe as always.
We are operating on facts and data, as they become available, and we are emphasizing the importance of following the guidelines and recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
(CDC) and World Health Organization
(WHO) for reducing the spread of COVID-19.
Please use these steps to help keep you and your families safe during this time.
- Employees visiting customer and partner facilities have information about the necessary steps to reduce proliferation, including hand washing and social distancing, as referenced by the CDC.
- Employees who become ill, or whose household members become sick with COVID-19 symptoms, have been asked to stay home. We also have protocols in place for employees to self-quarantine if they or a household member has recently returned from any Level-2 or higher travel-warning locations as outlined by the CDC.
- We have instituted thorough sanitizing and disinfecting of our facilities on an ongoing basis.
- Screening any essential visitors for COVID-19 risk.
- Encouraging employees to work from home temporarily, where and when possible, practical until further notice.
- Business travel (even domestic) has been largely eliminated, except for business-critical activities and customer service.
Health and happiness,
Your Ackerman Security Family